Solar Regulator – 40 Amp 12/24-Volt – High Efficiency MPPT Solar Charge Controller 520W
This solar charge controller tracks the maximum power voltage point of solar panels as it changes based on temperature and sunshine exposure using the most sophisticated Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) technology. This technique greatly exceeds conventional PWM solar controllers and guarantees your solar system’s maximum efficiency. The broad solar input voltage range of MPPT technology is another advantage; numerous solar panels with voltages up to 100V can be used with this controller in addition to normal off-grid 12/24V solar panels.
For a system with 12V batteries, the maximum combined input solar power permitted by this controller is 520W; for a system with 24V batteries, it is 1040W. This controller will significantly improve a solar system’s efficiency when the voltage of the solar panel is substantially higher than the voltage of the battery (e.g. charging a 12V battery with a 36V solar panel).
This charge controller offers an extensive range of electronic protective measures to guarantee your solar system operates as efficiently as possible. Among them are the following: automated cutoff to avoid deep discharge and overcharging, reverse current prevention during the night (from the battery back to the solar panel), protection against short circuits, overvoltage, overload, and reverse polarity in the solar panel. Additionally, the controller uses sophisticated fault-targeting technologies to highlight any system faults and perform self-diagnosis.
This solar charge controller is compatible with lithium batteries when a lithium battery charging program is selected using PC software and can also set the charging parameters for lithium batteries.
- The controller automatically recognises 12/24V battery systems (note a battery should always be connected to the controller first before connecting a solar panel)
- Built-in LCD screen shows real-time charging parameters such as voltage, current (separately for solar panel / load), battery state of charge, accumulated charge and discharge energy
- Easy to use buttons allow the user to manually select the battery type (sealed, flooded or gel) and program load settings (e.g. set timers for lighting, fans, pumps etc).
- Current limiting function (10A) allows the possibility of adding more solar panels to your solar system in the future
- The most advanced MPPT technology to ensure high efficiency (>95%) of your solar system
- Fully automated operation and auto 12/24V selection for lead acid batteries
- 3 pairs of terminals (solar panel, battery, load) for wires up to 16mm2
- Maximum solar panel voltage 100V
- Maximum solar panel power 520W (12V) / 1040W (24V)
- Temperature sensor for automatic compensation (-3mV/°C/2V) (auto temperature compensation not enabled for lithium batteries)
- Comprehensive electronic protection features
- Communication port: RS485/RJ45 interface
- Grounding: negative common ground
- Current limiting function (40A)
- Self-consumption: <12mA
- Working temperature: -25°C to +50°C
- Size: 25.2 x 18 x 6.3 cm
- Mounting dimensions: 21 x 17.1 cm
- Weight: 1.65kg
- Multiple mounting holes (5mm diameter) for ease of installation